Sunday, July 25, 2004

Galleries

It's true that I am indeed interested in experimenting with the gallery thing a little, just to see what it's like. It seems like a real challenge to get your work in some of those "big" galleries. On the other hand, that's all very insignificant to the real reason I do photography in the first place, that is to get out to the desert (or where ever) and capture the images themselves.

When I get out there, there's motion, danger, heat, excitement. But in a gallery, what do you have? A nice air-conditioned room with white walls and images hung perfectly in a row. Such a COMPLETE contrast to the atmosphere of the original act of obtaining the images. My idea of a gallery show is to hang the images on the outside of my jeep, drive at least 100 MPH, and require the visitors to drive along side me to see the images. Then they would better understand my mindset.

Maybe that would increase sales a little too.

JT

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I clicked on your ad on CL today and really enjoyed your website, especially how your animations match your music, or vice versa. Thanks for sharing your photography process!

If youget a chance to travel to South Dakota, you should check out Badlands National Park. I think you might really like it.

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home